Thursday, July 2, 2015

Celebrating Canada Day and Independence Day SEAWEED style!

In honour of Canada Day and in honor of Independence Day, I'm posting the first swimming scene between Dori Seward and her merman boyfriend Tor, which happens to take place on the Canada/USA border in the Bay of Fundy.



“Are you sure about this?” he asked.
“I’m more than sure.” I let my sundress fall to my ankles. I was wearing my red one piece. Tor whistled.
“Oh, stop that.”
He laughed and dove in. I watched as he submerged, but he went too deep and many minutes passed before he surfaced.
“What are you waiting for?”
Tingles of excitement shot up my spine and down both my legs. I was about to swim with Tor the merman!
I jumped in and gasped from the cold, but with the way adrenaline was pumping through my veins I soon warmed up. There was enough moonlight reflecting off the water that I could easily make out Tor’s face. His eyes were glinting with amusement.
“Let’s see what you got.”
His tattoos danced in a hypnotizing swirl; I couldn’t take my eyes off of them. Then he splashed me with his tail. With his tail! I swam my hardest and could barely keep up. I felt like I was just learning to swim, a complete novice.
Tor laughed and swam my way. He stopped where I treaded water, turning his back to me. “Climb on.”
I held on tight and laughed out loud with the thrill of having Tor’s body under mine, my arms wrapped securely around his neck. He dipped under water. Tor knew I could hold my breath for several minutes, but I couldn’t actually breathe under water. He stayed close to the surface.
“Show off!” I shouted.
He slowed things down then, almost to a stop and pulled me around so we were holding on to each other face to face. I could feel his scales with my toes, the muscular strength of his tail as I wrapped my legs around his body.
He tilted his head and I leaned in, touching his lips with mine. Ocean water mingled with our kisses.
“Is it possible for a merperson to fall in love with a human?” I whispered in between breaths.
“Yes.”
“It’s happened before?” I was surprised. I really thought those kind of stories were lore.
“It has.”
“Good.”
We kissed and kissed and kissed, like the world would end if we stopped, until the fireworks shot off. Tor and I scanned the sky and it felt like the fireworks were bursting with color just for us. Then he kissed me again.
“You know,” Tor said, his eyes twinkling. “Independence Day fireworks go off in three days, just across the border.”
“We may have to come back,” I said coyly.
“We may.”


1 comment:

  1. Satta king Play Bazaar
    this is a good site.....it is a great idea to do business with a security company that has 24*7 housrs monitoring

    ReplyDelete